Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 1: Yogurt Covered Cranberry Cookies


December 1st. The day we welcome many things in the Moor House: a live and fully lit Christmas tree, Christmas music dancing like sugar plums (or Sweaty Betty) through the air, and the end of No Shave November. Oh and of course the first day of Moor Food's 25 Days of Christmas Cookies. I may be crazy, but when it comes to cookies and Christmas I don't mess around...

Today's recipe is one of my favorite's and a Christmas classic. Cranberry White Chocolate - the remix. Thanks to my local Whole Foods Market - of which I am a frequent frequenter - my eyes were opened to these magical little treats, called yogurt covered cranberries. And sometimes yogurt covered ginger pieces. So to start off this little project I give you Yogurt Covered Cranberry (and sometimes ginger) Cookies...

Yogurt Covered Cranberry Cookies
makes 15, easy to double

  • 1/4 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour 
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup Whole Foods Market yogurt covered cranberries 
In medium bowl cream together Earth Balance and brown sugar. Beat in egg white and vanilla extract. Add flour and baking soda and beat until just combined. Fold in yogurt covered cranberries. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake at 375F for about 8 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for about a minute then dig in, like this...

Or with a special someone...

May your Christmas season continue to be merry and bright!

Roomie Reactions...
Jamie: "Mmmm...they're so melty! I like them like this."
Megan: "They're not good. They're great. And, you get all the flavors in every bite!"
Jenna: "You've got to be kidding me! If they're all going to be this good I'm in big trouble..."

No comments:

Post a Comment