Pumpkin S'mores Cake
adapted from Pumpkin S'mores Cake
- I'm not going to post the full recipe because it's really labor intensive (really needed Julia's help with this one) but here are the modifications I made...
- I used gluten free graham crackers
- Substituted a homemade simple syrup for corn syrup (equal parts sugar and water)
- Substituted soy creamer for heavy cream so it would be lactose-intolerant friendly!
Yes, it's complicated (I don't exactly have a blow torch lying around my kitchen), but it's so worth it and was completely cleaned off by the end of the night!
Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 6 TBS Earth Balance Vegan Butter
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free gingersnaps, crushed
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
Melt the butter in the pie plate in the microwave. In a small bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour the gingersnap crumb mixture to the pie plate and, using a fork, coat completely with the butter. Using your hands, starting with the middle, press the crumb mixture outward up the sides of the pie plate. Then...
- 1 12oz. package silken tofu
- 1 8 oz. container vegan cream cheese (Tofutti...best name)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh is better, but canned works just as well)
- 1 cup raw turbinado sugar (or brown sugar)
- 3 TBS almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 TBS ground cinnamon
- you can also substitute these spices for a little over 1 TBS pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
Preheat oven to 350F. Puree all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pour into gingersnap crust. Bake at 350F for about 50 minutes. Let cool and refrigerate. If you have leftover filling you can...
- add 1-1 1/2 cups flour of choice, 1 cup brown sugar, and some chocolate chips to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
- add non-dairy milk of choice to the blender and blend to smoothie consistency for an awesome pumpkin pie smoothie (the roommates loved this!)
I don't have all the Roomie Reactions, but I know that both of these tasty morsels were GONE by the end of the night and enjoyed by veg's and non-veg's, gluten-frees and non-GF's alike...so even though Halloween is ending, I hope you still enjoy the rest of the pumpkin season and from my fluttering paper heart to yours...Bon Appetit!!