Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 9: Les Petits Gateaux Noir

This cookie is dedicated to the lovely ladies of ADX and their Fall 2011 banquet tonight. We will be travelling back in time to the glamour and mystery of the era of film noir. Any excuse to dress up like the elegant femme fatales of this time is a good excuse in my opinion. A little red lipstick to top off that fantastic LBD and birdcage hat...bon appetit indeed! So to all of you wonderful women, my dear sisters in Christ - without whom I would not be the woman I am today - I thank you, I love you and I give you...

Les Petits Gateaux Noir (Cookies Noir)
makes about 30
  • 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
  • 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
  • 1 flax egg (1 TBS. ground flax + 3 TBS. water, simmered together)
  • 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 cup tart dried cherries, chopped
  • about 3 oz. dark chocolate chopped (I used Green & Black's Organic 72% Dark Baking Chocolate)
Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Cream together butter and sugar with hand mixer until just incorporated. Add flax egg and vanilla, mix thoroughly. Slowly blend flour, baking powder, and baking soda into wet ingredients. Stir in cherries and dark chocolate. Drop by tablespoons onto lined baking sheets and bake at 350F for 12 minutes.

Roomie Reactions...
Mady: "Yummy! I love the cherries."
Megan: "There like better than regular chocolate chip cookies!"
Jessica: "Mmmm...I like these. They're yummy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment