Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 13: Nutella Almond Butter (banana) Cookies

To be completely honest, I really didn't want to make cookies today. I'm really tired, because my roommates and I partied really hard last night...

Did you buy it at all? Ok good, because it totally isn't true. We went to a little area in Long Beach called Naples Island to look at the ENORMOUS houses that are always decorated with a million beautiful lights, then came home and watched The Santa Clause until 1am....we are party animals, let me tell you!

Back to making cookies, obviously I'm not going to give up on this project so I wanted something easy and quick for today, which led to these bad boys...or girls. It is Nutella after all..I think Nutella is a little more feminine than masculine. These really are the easiest cookies and I got to use more of my home made almond butter..yummmm!


Nutella Almond Butter (banana) Cookies
makes about 2 dozen

  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 egg white
Preheat the oven 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Using a hand mixer, mix everything together in a medium bowl until well combined. Scoop by 1/2 tablespoon onto baking sheets and slightly flatten by pressing with the back of a spoon...
or the bottom of a glass...
or something else that flattens well....
Bake at 350F for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool for about 1 minute. Like most cookies, these are better when eaten warm. 

Roomie (and Brent) Reactions...
Megan: "I like the hint of banana and it's very slightly sweet, not overwhelming."
Brent: "Oh my gosh! Is there banana in these? I never thought to put banana in cookies, but it's so good!"
Jamie: "It's different than any other cookie I've ever had because of the texture which was soft. Almost like batter and of course I love the batter..."

3 comments:

  1. How do people follow your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April! Thanks for your feedback..this was definitely a fun recipe to try...as far as following it, I know there is a place on the page where you can subscribe to the blog, but I don't remember exactly which buttons you click on...I hope that helps and I hope to hear more from you soon!

    ReplyDelete