Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 19: Browned Butta' Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe goes out to my dear Pure Barre friend and co-worker, Brittany Egbert, to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you have a really blessed and wonderful birthday my dear!

I realized I hadn't done a chocolate chip recipe yet and per request of another Pure Barre instructor, Lauren Hall, I wanted to try a recipe using browned butter too. So with these two lovely ladies in mind, I give you the chocolate chip cookie gone brown...word...

Browned Butta' Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes about 3 dozen

  • 1 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
  • 1 1/2 cups organic cane sugar
  • 2 Ener-G Egg Replacer eggs (or two regular eggs..I just didn't have any)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (preferably semisweet)
Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking frequently until butter turns golden brown (about 8 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Whisk together sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Pour in butter and whisk until smooth. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop cookie dough by tablespoonful onto lined cookie sheets and bake at 350F for 8 minutes. Let cool and serve with a big ol' glass of milk! 

Roomie Reactions (and Brittany)...
Megan: "Mmmm...buttery goodness!" 
Jenna: "My fave cookies so far!"

No comments:

Post a Comment