Sunday, September 4, 2011

In honor of the radiant bride and her soon to be hubby...

Today is the day that our former roommate and dear sister Hartley Adams marries her best friend, Ryan Klement!! Most of us are here helping with set-up, getting ready, and all the other prep that comes with a wedding. My job doesn't start for a couple moor hours so I decided to do a post in honor of the happy couple!

Whenever I make this and Ryan is at the house, he ends up munching before any of us girls can touch it - it's my stovetop Agave & Salt Popcorn. We eat a ton of this stuff in the house and for good reason, it's fantastic! Kettle corn is delicious - I'm a popcorn fanatic so I've tried my fair share of all different kinds (I confess, I've even been known to clean out an entire tube of the Trader Joe's Carmel Corn at a holiday wine exchange...) But seriously, this stuff is amazing. So, without further ado, I give you the goods! In honor of Hartley and Ryan - may God bless your life together with abundant joy and may He give me the strength to provide popcorn when needed!

Stovetop Agave & Salt Popcorn
• 1/2-1 cup popcorn kernels
• 2-3 TBS. vegetable oil
• raw agave syrup (can be found at nearly every grocery store, but I prefer Trader Joe's)to taste
• salt to taste

Heat oil in large pot over high heat. Place 2-3 kernels in the pot - when they pop, the oil is ready. Pour the rest of the kernels in the pot and cover with lid. Immediately start vigorously shaking the pot (did I mention this recipe also provides an awesome arm workout?) you will hear the kernels begin to pop, keep shaking until the popping ceases. When the popcorn is done popping, remove from heat and take off lid. Drizzle the agave over the top, then sprinkle with salt. Place lid back on the pot and shake again to distribute agar and salt throughout. Taste and adjust according to personal preference.

Cheers to Hartley and Ryan, I love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment