Thursday, January 19, 2012

Journey of Isaiah 52:7

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, 'Your God reigns.'"

I was going through Isaiah when I went to Hungary with Operation Mobilization's dance ministry group, Dancelink, last summer. I was having one of those days before leaving when my enthusiasm was lacking. I was feeling cranky, frustrated, and questioning why I was going. Then I read this verse and everything kind of just stopped. That was the Word I needed. God had created my feet to dance the Good News of His salvation. Period.

Before leaving for Hungary, I had received an email from Mat Carson of OM, inviting me to join several other artists for the pilot of OM's Art School for Missions. I had been "recommended" by Dancelink's director, Linda Wells and informed that "she must think really highly of you (me) to recommend you for this." Here's the thing, I had never met Linda before. Our only communication came in the form of two emails in which almost no personal information had been shared. Yet for some reason, God placed me on her heart to pray for. And He led her to this decision to extend the invitation. Through prayer and petition, I received confirmation that this was the next step God desired me to take. And, this invitation came one week before I graduated college. Lesson in God's timing? Check. (Psalm 75:2, 2 Peter 3:8-9)

Today, less than one month before I leave for Italy, I have been reminded and rocked time and time again, by God. He has tugged and pulled on my heart strings, so that my desire for Him has grown more in the last 6 months than ever before. I love Him. I can say that with full confidence, never to be shaken (Psalm 125:1). He has shown me great discipline and challenge, and poured out blessings and truth more abundant than my imagination could have created. Like this...

About a month and a half ago, I had a really interesting dream. I mean, I've had a lot of interesting dreams...weird ones. All kinds. Like, the ones you wake up from and go, "Huh?" This was interesting in the "I'm pretty sure that was from God and I've never had a dream from God before." kind of interesting. I was with several members of my church family from Fountain of Life covenant church in Long Beach, CA and the women decided to pray over me. They wanted to pray for my trip to Italy, especially in regards to support. One woman was praying aloud and the others were agreeing with her, when she said, very clearly,these words, "He will provide abundantly more than you could ask or imagine."

These words have been a great comfort to me during the support raising process, and I can honestly say that God has kept my mind at peace, fully trusting in Him at all times. By the grace of God, I haven't experienced any anxiety or worry over the God-sized amount of money that needed to be raised for the trip. He made this promise, and of course, He kept it. It is His character. He cannot and will not break His promises to us (1 Kings 8:56). And I can and will testify to His faithfulness today. Not only did He provide the amount needed for Itay, but He provided ABUNDANTLY more than I could have asked or imagined - about $1400 more. Only God.

This is just the beginning of the journey in Italy (obviously, I'm not even there yet), but already, in the months leading up to it, God is filling me with a greater and more real desire to dance and live for Him. My feet are His and I will move as He leads.

Isaiah 52:7

No comments:

Post a Comment