Saturday, January 21, 2012

Dinner time...

I could have just had leftover curry. My parents are out of town, so I was cooking for one and it really would have been easier just to heat up some of the leftovers from lunch today. But, where's the fun in that? So I decided to get a spaghetti squash and try something new. I really do love spaghetti squash...it's so yummy and healthy...

I just get lost in the magic. I enjoyed this with an awesome Mat Chandler sermon and a glass of Chardonnay. Buon appetito and buon nuit!

Spaghetti Squash with Bacon and Arugula
serves 1 as main dish

  • 1 very, very small spaghetti squash
  • 1-2 cups arugula
  • 2 slices organic turkey bacon (I used Applegate Organics)
  • olive oil
  • Italian seasoning
  • garlic powder
  • freshly ground pepper
  • 1 tsp. sea salt
  • less than 1/4 cup grated parmesan (optional)
Preheat oven to 400F. Cut spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise (I soften mine in the microwave for about 4 minute to make it easier to cut). Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and ground pepper (to taste). Drizzle with olive oil and place cut side down in a baking dish. Cook at 400F for about 30 minutes. As time winds down, rinse arugula and place in large salad bowl of choice (or plate). Heat non-stick pan over low heat. Add two slices of turkey bacon and cook to desired crispiness. Let drain on paper towel. When squash is done, let cool to touch. Scrape flesh into bowl with arugula and crumble bacon on top. Mix together so the arugula wilts slightly. Add 1 tsp. salt and any more seasoning to taste. Enjoy! 

*Vegetarian/Vegan Option: Omit bacon and parmesan, and sprinkle with pine nuts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment