Wednesday, February 20, 2013

One Year Later...

Here I am, back again in the beautiful Val Pellice...almost exactly one year later. Monday morning I was welcomed with a blanket of snow on the ground, much like the welcoming of last year...it's good to be home...

the view from my balcony...I know...

Upon arrival, Domenica sera, I moved into the flat I will be sharing with the dear Jill McAfee in Torre Pellice. Lunedi mattina brought a lovely jaunt into town to meet Marco for a cappuccino. And a surprise meeting with Chiara - she owns a dance studio here and we had connected during the school in Bobbio last year. As dancers, we were able to do some collaborations with her, and since leaving her and I had stayed in touch, discussing opportunities for further collaboration when I returned. Simply coincidental that we met on my first day back? I think not... God takes it again... This Sunday I am going to her studio to participate in a "seminario danza dal sud Italia" or "southern Italian dance workshop." Awesome. 

Let's trek back in time to the "today I have to learn Italian" lesson...starting tomorrow I will be attending local language classes twice a week here in town...for free. Amen and praise God yet again. Prayers for understanding are incredibly appreciated. 

Also, something that many of us school participants noticed last year was that during the few weeks before and the beginning of the school, there were a lot of incidences of family and friends suffering attacks and illnesses. I can see it happening again since returning and I want you all to know that you are in my prayers as well. I pray that God watches over each one of you and meets you where you are. Please, PLEASE email me with any requests or praises that are happening. Without you, I don't think I'd be here right now...let's fight this battle together. 

Also, I will be setting up an official email newsletter in this coming week so if you would like to get them, please either send me a facebook message, leave a comment on the blog, or email me (if you already have my address..I just don't want to put it publicly on here). 

At the end of the day, I can say...God is good all the time, and all the time God is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment