Tuesday, February 12, 2013

From Band-aid to Bling

I'm guessing some of you will remember this lovely incident from last year's adventure in Italy....
Not so wonderful initially. However, I was completely unaware that this tragic incident (no exaggeration..it was awful) would eventually lead to something quite wonderful indeed. No where in my mind did I expect good ol' Doc Marco to become more than just the resident (self-proclaimed) "Doc"....
On my honor (contrary to some claims) my mind never went there  until after this....
Which was a good few weeks after the toe incident. Also, I recently found out that never again will I be getting a birthday cake this big, because "the goal has been achieved." Rude. 

Many of you have been expecting some sort of news of an...advancement lets say...in regards to this relationship. Maybe you had something like this in mind...
Good call. That's exactly what happened. On February 7, 2013 on the shores of Lago d'Orta around 9pm, the relationship went from band-aid to bling...
THE spot...good job Doc....
Sometimes things start with a band-aid and some hobbling. Then as things heal you start walking normally...ease into it so as not to re-injure anything. Then it becomes regular...pleasant...and you keep going wondering what's around the next cobblestone street corner (yes, the streets were stone, the buildings were old...just like in the movies folks...).

Are you ready? Are you ready to round that corner? 

He asked...

I said yes...

:)







9 comments:

  1. Congratulazioni mi figlia e Marco!
    Amore da Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Lauren!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy and Pam SuttonFebruary 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM

    Wow lauren, Congratulations!!! We are excited for you. We like the BLING and what comes with it more that the Band-Aid but,would the Bling come without the Band-aid?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm soooo happy for you!!! Tell Marco we say Hi (and great job!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Beautiful! I'm so excited for you! Can we skype soon?!?!?!?

    Want to hear about you, the proposal, Italy, & OM peeps :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete