Saturday, March 2, 2013

National Peanut Butter Lover's Day

I don't think this is an Italian holiday...in fact I'm absolutely sure it isn't because it is "national" not "international"...

Technicality....

However, for all of my peanut butter loving friends, I would like to say a belated "Happy PB Lovin' Day!!!" to you! And for it I present you with the most amazing peanut butter cookies EVER. Why you ask? Because I don't like peanut butter cookies. And I once seriously helped Jill McAfee wipe a plate of these babies clean...

Oh and PS...there's only 3 ingredients...

not the best view, but trust me..they're amazing

On behalf of all the peanut butter lover's out there...I raise a cookie in your name...buon appetito!

3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
makes about 2 dozen 
adapted from Gluten Free Fix
  • 1 cup peanut butter (whatever version you prefer)
  • 1/2 cup honey*
  • 2 egg whites (or one egg)*
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional...and would make these 4 Ingredient not 3...technicality)
Ready? 

Preheat oven to 325F (or about 162C for my European friends).  Mix all of the ingredients together in one bowl. Scoop by tablespoon onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes depending on how soft you like your cookies. Us Americans preferred a nice soft interior while caro mio preferred the slightly crispy version. Now grab a glass of milk (or vino...) and mangia!!!

*to make these vegan, simply substitute the honey for agave and the eggs for one ripe, mashed banana. 


No comments:

Post a Comment