Sunday, July 15, 2012

Vegan Antipasto Spaghetti Squash

It has been much, much, much too long. I'm sorry my dear friends...sometimes life gets in the way, you know? But alas, I have missed this little project immensely and found it high time to get back to it! So, I give you this delightful dish...

Spaghetti squash aren't in season, but I was craving one. I was also craving olives. So, I combined the two. Bam, 'nuff said.

Vegan Antipasto Spaghetti Squash
serves...me
  • 1 small spaghetti squash
  • about 1 cup mixed olives (I used a combination of kalamata, green stuffed with garlic, and another variety of green), sliced
  • about 1/2 cup sliced hearts of palm
  • about 1/2 cup roasted, marinated red pepper (I got these from the olive bar at the local grocery store)
  • olive oil
  • ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400F. Zap the squash in the microwave just to soften it a bit. Slice squash in half, long-ways, and drizzle with olive oil and ground pepper. Place cut side down in a baking dish. Bake at 400F for 45 minutes. In the meantime, slice olives. When the squash is done, allow to cool enough to handle. Scoop squash flesh into a bowl and pull apart so it resembles spaghetti. Throw in the olives and mix together. Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment